Pattern Energy is excited to hire our summer 2018 Interns! Pattern’s Summer Internship Program gives undergraduate and graduate students hands-on experience to develop technical skills, as well as a better understanding of the renewable industry. This internship program will run for approximately 10-12 weeks and include a formal welcome, mentorship opportunities, and executive exposure. This is one way that Pattern Energy supports the larger renewable community and invests in the next generation of great minds.
The Project Execution team is seeking an intern to support the group. The role will work with and have exposure to various project management and construction functions, including design, reporting, and construction. This internship will give you the opportunity to gain a basic knowledge and understanding of general renewable energy project management and construction practices and initiatives through hands-on involvement in areas in which we support.
This position will support work that is responsible for construction project management, due diligence support, and reporting. Work duties include support of project managers in reporting, design coordination, and contract management, primarily in wind, solar and transmission.
- Project progress reporting, including spending.
- Assist with contractor invoice review and tracking.
- Develop internal / external presentations and briefs.
- Provide assistance in review and tracking of design completion.
- Support construction and completion due diligence efforts.
- Participate in meetings with internal/external clients, if required.
- Support responding to information requests from financial institutions.
- Completion of an internship presentation.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related technical area having completed at least 3 years of course work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to express ideas effectively and fluently.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment where teamwork and independent work ethic are essential.
- Ability to synthesize and organize large amounts of data.
- Ability to organize time well and set proper priorities.
- Advanced knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
This position will commence in late May/early June through August 2018.
- Term Intern summer 2018
- Company Pattern Energy