On October 14, at 3pm ET, Tufts students are invited to talk, by Zoom, with cleantech insiders about getting jobs & internships in renewable energy jobs (see profiles below). The session is intended to:
- Discuss how Covid19 has affected cleantech job prospects and the searching process
- Provide great information and inspiration by empowering students to present questions to a 10 year cleantech recruiting veteran and a recent cleantech hire
- Teach best practices for doing an informational interview
- Teach you how to get a job or internship at the cool cleantech companies who do not come to campus!
Where & When
Click here to join Zoom call
Everyone is welcome to attend the Tufts Cleantech Careers event. We’re not sure if all students will be able to ask a question, but we’ll do our best. This event is not a virtual career fair where you sell yourself. This is not a presentation where you sit and listen. The goal here is for attendees to engage and to learn about cleantech careers by asking questions.
3:00-3:10 – Mike Brownell summarizes how Covid19 has affected cleantech job & internship prospects as well as cleantech networking best practices: mapping specific majors to specific job roles, harvesting key data from online job listing without applying, talking to recent grads in clean tech is hard but so important, and getting recent grads to tell their story (not hear yours).
3:10: 4:00 – Student questions. We will do our best to answer all questions, but priority will be given to questions submitted in advance to TEG President, Sam Glasser, who will moderate the session. Sam’s email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org All questions (about getting a job or internship in cleantech) are welcome regardless of how much or little you know about the industries.
Slack Post Event: For students who cannot attend the Zoom call and for questions that come up after the event, we will be continuing the discussion on Slack. Email me (email@example.com) or Sam (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be invited tot he Slack channel.
Cleantech Career Panel
Mike Brownell, Dayaway Careers Founder & President
Devin Hanel, Operations Associate at Galehead Development
Sam Glaser, Event Moderator and TEG President
Next Steps (after the event) to Find Your Cool Cleantech Job/Internship
These are the most important things you need to do next:
- Figure out the renewable energy job roles (think job titles) that match your coursework and interests. The following points really help.
- Sign up for the Dayaway listserv to get a weekly email with jobs organized by degree and major. Just seeing the job titles for your major will really help.
- Go to the Dayaway Advanced Job Search page and search for jobs for your degree and major.
- Read the short (like <2 min reads) articles on the Insights page. Tons of good advice and lists of helpful information.
- Most importantly, you need to talk to more people like you did tonight during the Northwestern Cleantech Careers event. Use our Zoom-In platform to find people on Linkedin whom you need to talk to. Zoom-In contains about 2k young cleantech profiles like the people we talked to tonight. Zoom-In will speed up your Linkedin searching and enable you to find people with your major or from you school working in renewable energy and related cleantech sectors.
Hope this helps. Get in touch anytime.