The Associate Scientist will design and execute fermentation experiments in support of our R&D deliverables. The successful candidate will contribute toward strain and process improvement in a fast paced, team oriented research operations setting.
* Collaborate on experimental design and sample analysis.
* Set up and operate bench-scale bioreactors and associated software.
* Carry out microbial fermentations using various strains, feedstocks, and protocols.
* Sample bioreactors and prepare samples for further analysis.
* Evaluate and maintain fermentation data in the databases.
* Troubleshoot laboratory failures and implement corrective actions.
* Apply organizational and creative skills to improve lab operations.
* Provide input for quality and efficiency improvement opportunities.
* Maintain safe practices and work environment.
* Other duties as assigned.
* BA/BS in biology, life sciences, chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemical engineering or related field.
* 2 years of experience in a Biological laboratory, Fermentation experience preferred.
* Familiarity with concepts in statistics, tools to analyze data (JMP, Minitab, R, Spotfire) and quality principles such as 5S and Lean.
* Strong communication and teamwork skills.
* Capability to manage multiple independent processes and experiments within a single day including scheduling instrumentation and preparing reagents and material.
* Attention to detail and careful record keeping skills.
* Working in cross-disciplinary, collaborative teams
* Tenacity in pursuing objectives to completion correctly and on time.
* Weekend work is mandatory. Occasional overtime is required.
* Embrace Amyris Core Values.
- Term Entry +
- Company Amyris