Amazon is looking for a results-oriented individual to join the AWS Infrastructure Energy Team (IET). In this role, you will engage with electric utilities across AWS’s global footprint to specify and contribute to the design of transmission and distribution power infrastructure. This role will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the power systems supporting AWS continue to meet the highest bar for reliability and robustness. The candidate will specify technical requirements for power infrastructure and work with utilities and contractors to ensure those requirements are met on time and on budget. The candidate must be able to manage multiple projects and evaluate the impacts of design considerations in medium and high voltage electric systems on existing and future operations. The candidate will be responsible for creating and reporting on reliability metrics across AWS’s global footprint. The candidate will work as part of an integrated team to implement energy program requirements and achieve results.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong electrical engineering background and have experience working for or with electric power utilities. The candidate will have experience designing and managing the development and/or construction of energy infrastructure projects. The right candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the business, product, and technical challenges, with the skill-set to successfully lead complex projects with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions with these partners, you will be responsible for ensuring the critical infrastructure that serves AWS meets the highest standard for reliability and availability.
Function Specific Work Activities:
· Specify requirements for high voltage and medium voltage systems that supply AWS data centers
· Manage technical elements of the interconnection of AWS data centers to the electric grid by working with utilities and local AWS operations teams across the globe
· Work with engineering teams at utilities and design firms to put forth innovative solutions to meet AWS requirements
· Identify and develop cost savings projects and initiatives related to energy infrastructure. Responsible for formalizing the scope, obtaining quotes, performing project savings analysis and obtaining project approval.
· Collaborate with the Infrastructure Energy Team on the implementation and management of energy projects in a timely and accurate fashion.
· Support the development and execution of a comprehensive energy and utilities strategy for AWS data centers
Basic Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering field required
3 -5 years of experience designing high and/or medium voltage power systems
Proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem solving skills
Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key client and supplier stakeholders that have resulted in high customer satisfaction
Be a passionate self-starter
Preferred Qualifications Construction or project management experience in the energy industry
Experience designing or constructing transmission lines, substations, or other energy infrastructure
Experience designing onsite generation projects including natural gas, solar, and energy storage
Strong analytical and commercial skill set to review utility tariffs, energy projects, and power contracts
Experience working with public utility commissions and other energy regulators
International business experience
Experience with IT infrastructure, data centers and cloud services
- Term Entry +
- Company Amazon