Bloom Energy, a solid oxide fuel cell company, is looking for a Electrical Design Engineer to join its world class team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Location: This position will be based in Sunnyvale, CA
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for technical content of, overseeing, and developing electrical site designs. Additional responsibilities may include minor mechanical, civil, structural and plumbing details.
- Responsible for reviewing 3rd party designs and custom equipment solutions. Produce project specific drawings and documents as needed.
- Interface directly outside 3rd parties including but not limited to utilities, Permitting Authorities, 3rd party design firms, and customers to determine technical requirements for fuel cell installation at the customer site.
- Ensure resulting construction drawings/documents meet all Building, Construction and Electrical code requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring site design conforms to specifications required for the implementation of Bloom Energy fuel cell systems.
Skills and Experience:
- BSEE with power systems focus.
- Knowledge of codes (NEC, NFPA), standards (Rule 21 and other interconnection standards) and regulations (city, state and federal).
- Ability to switch between the strategic (e.g. impact of Bloom Energy technology on customer’s long term business) and tactical (e.g. qualification of 3rd party equipment).
- Professional & collaborative – comfortable working closely with a team.
- Proactive and persistent with well-developed analytical skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to drive complex tasks to closure.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office
Education and Experience:
- BSEE. PE license highly desired
- 2+ years of relevant experience in power generation and critical load system design with experience stamping drawings/letters.
- Construction and/or Facility maintenance experience
- Experience in power generation installation
- Knowledge and use of AutoCAD & ETAP
- Term Entry +
- Company Bloom Energy