Production Support Engineer
Location: Arlington, VA (candidate must be local or open to relocation at their own expense)
The Production Support team works within the Oracle | Opower platform, analyzing and using customer data with internally-developed tools to support ongoing or expanding utility programs. You will collaborate with teams and individuals across Oracle | Opower, from our client-facing Client Success Managers, launch-focused Implementation Engineers, to our forward-looking Product Engineering and R&D teams.
- Responsible for post-launch maintenance for SaaS utility energy efficiency products/platforms
- Analyze client data and use internal tools to support ongoing and expanding client programs
- Run simple to complex queries/scripts on variety of data sources to extract valuable insights for our utility partners or client facing project managers.
- Identify and define typical reporting requirements to standardize client experience and ensure consistency and quality
- Advanced technical hands-on troubleshooting, including parsing logs and following stack traces
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of our products with the ability to explain them to others
- Become a subject matter expert for all Opower products, reporting and other services
- Work cross-functionally with both client-facing and engineering teams
- Seek opportunities to improve processes, documentation, tooling, and operational efficiency
- Balance client expectations and internal needs
- Stay up to date with internal processes and tools
- Strong professional and interpersonal communication skills
- Function well in a fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high
- A self starter, a quick learner, with great attention to detail
- Proficient in the UNIX command line
- Able to write SQL for large data sets and have recent experience with relational databases (MySQL preferred)
- Some experience with any object oriented programming language is preferred.
- Familiar with networking concepts (HTTP, RESTful APIs)
- Have worked with Git or similar version control systems
- 2+ years of experience in technical support, software development, implementation, analytics, business intelligence, or a related field
- Exposure to Hadoop, Hbase, or Hive
- Experience supporting enterprise customers
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
Intermediate consulting position operating independently with some assistance and guidance to provide quality work products to a project team or customer that comply with Oracle methodologies and practices. Performs standard duties and tasks with some variation to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer specifications.
Standard assignments are accomplished without assistance by exercising independent judgment, within defined policies and processes, to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements.
2-5 years of overall experience in relevant functional or technical roles. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
- Term Entry
- Company Opower