Ameresco is currently seeking an Associate Project Development Engineer to work with Ameresco’s Solar PV Grid-Tie Development Team in the development of solar PV projects. This position is located at our company headquarters in Framingham, MA.
- Collaborate with Senior Solar PV Engineers, Project Development Managers, and sales personnel to develop, design, and estimate costs of solar PV projects
- Assist with the assessment of project requirements to evaluate business opportunities for solar PV
- Visit project sites to assess and document site dimensions and electrical systems
- Gather key project details such as utility data, facility profiles, site drawings, and system operating data
- Provide assistance with technical and financial analyses of options
- Prepare utility interconnection pre-applications or contact utilities as needed
- Evaluate project sites for interconnection feasibility using software tools and site visits
- Ensure compliance with company, industry, trade, and jurisdictional safety standards, practices, codes.
- Foster effective and positive business relationships with all parties throughout project phases
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Science discipline, with an electrical engineering or solar PV engineering focus preferred.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Proven ability to gather, validate, and analyze quantitative data and information
- Experience with the National Electrical Code, medium voltage engineering, solar PV design software (Helioscope/PVSyst), or AutoCAD is a plus.
- Programming experience using Python or Visual Basic is a plus
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite, especially MS Excel.
- Excellent verbal, written, computer communication and presentation skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and business relationships.
- Valid Drivers’ License issued by state of residence and in good standing.
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
- Ability to pass security clearance investigation.
Interested individuals are encouraged to visit http://careers.ameresco.com to submit your resume, cover letter, sample project history, and salary information. DIRECT Applicant Response Preferred.