The Interconnection Specialist will report into the Interconnection Manager and is responsible for handling the daily administration of solar program applications conforming to the Tesla operations schedule and utility requirements. The Specialist interacts daily with internal teams, primarily in engineering, customer care, and regional crews, as well as with external customers and utility personnel. The ideal candidate must be able to listen and observe, quickly identify the crux of a problem, independently research the issue, and clearly summarize what is needed.
The Interconnection Specialist will work as a part of a small team, and will have resources available for mentoring and ongoing questions, but the candidate must be able to organize and prioritize their own workflow independently and work on multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
• Prepare, review and submit a high volume of routine interconnection documents in accordance with various utility policies – detail oriented, and accuracy matters
• Daily input of appropriate notes for all interconnection tasks, manage project status updates, and generate necessary reports to complete assignments
• Phone and email communication with Tesla colleagues, customers and utilities to ensure proper documentation is obtained in a timely manner, and requirements are understood and communicated
• Identify common interconnection issues and develop suitable solutions.
• Handle incoming inquiries in a timely, efficient and professional manner
• Suggest and participate in process improvements including better software utilization, creating application templates, critical reporting and summarizing information for other departments
• Research – Conduct phone inquiries and web research to analyze and document interconnection requirements and processes for various states and utilities
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred or equivalent experience
- Evidence of exceptional ability
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to build and maintain good relationships
- A professional, customer-focused approach to completing assignments and representing Tesla
- Proficiency with desktop applications such as Adobe Acrobat Professional, MS Office, and Internet Explorer
- Ease and comfort in using advanced Excel functions (pivot tables) is a plus
- Experience with SQL reporting or electrical engineering drawings is a plus
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check
- Term Entry +
- Company Tesla Energy