Pattern Energy Group operates in the United States, Canada, Japan, Chile, and Mexico with offices in San Francisco, Houston, San Diego, New York, Santiago, Tokyo, and Toronto. Pattern Energy Group’s corporate headquarters is in San Francisco.
This position will have accounting responsibility for two or more operator entities that provide asset management duties to operating windfarm companies.
- Full accounting and general ledger responsibility for two or more operator entities including preparation of all balance sheet reconciliations associated with the entities
- Read, interpret, and summarize management agreements between operator and project entities
- Preparation of all intercompany and related party invoices that are to be contractually billed under management agreements
- Fixed asset accounting for assets owned by the operator entities.
- Tracking of costs incurred by the operator entities and determination of proper treatment based on contractual terms.
- Hands on use, data entry and navigation of Pattern’s general ledger, and reporting software (currently Dynamics AX). Will need to learn to generate Dynamics reports from all system modules to take full advantage of Dynamics Data
- Prepare and maintain Excel-based financial reporting files for operator entities – including balance sheet, income statement, changes in member’s capital, and statement of cash flows
- Communicate with Pattern domestic offices, third parties and within the SF accounting group to coordinate information gathering and resolve accounting, intercompany and investment activity issues
- Performance of control responsibilities in compliance with SOX 404
- Special projects and additional responsibilities as necessary.
College degree required. BS degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of coursework and experience is required.
Required Work Experience
The following criteria will be used as a basis for Pattern to select a qualified applicant:
- The candidate should have a minimum of 2 years of accounting-related work experience. Must possess strengths in the following:
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong “hands on” technical skills with a keen, thorough attention to detail.
- Commitment, ability, and prior experience in meeting deadlines for monthly and quarterly reporting, and special projects.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a demanding workload involving multiple tasks, responsibilities and deadlines with professional follow-through and minimal supervision.
- Enjoys working in a very “hands on” and detail-oriented environment.
- Self-starter with flexibility, desire and eagerness to learn and assume new responsibilities while maintaining ownership of the operator entities.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.Computer skills – Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
Computer skills – Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook). The Company is using Microsoft Dynamics AX for general ledger, fixed assets, and accounts payable, and Hyperion for consolidation and reporting.
- Term Entry +
- Company Pattern Energy