The AME Regional Procurement Organization deals with the procurement of all non-BOM related purchases in North America (e.g. factory maintenance, HR services, building construction, utilities, manufacturing indirect items, etc.)
We are looking for a talented individual who is looking to move their career to the next step and strongly develop their professional skills working a multicultural global environment. They will need to bring enthusiasm and drive to this new team to deliver on the ambitious procurement targets set.
Your main responsibility will be to manage a wide range of suppliers in North America, with a yearly spend of 75+ million Euro. More specifically your
responsibilities will cover:
- Responsible for local strategy development and implementation.
- Participate in Global Category Management Team(s) working cross-functionally.
- Lead Supplier relationship and performance management
- Understand our internal stakeholders’ requirements, gather commercial and technical information necessary to implement sourcing initiatives as part of the Strategy, lead supplier negotiations.
- Perform continuous and in-depth stakeholder management.
- Responsible for KPI fulfillment on own commodities
- Execute risk assessments of suppliers, using the standard risk tools.
- Secure that cost reduction targets are achieved through cost out projects and ongoing price negotiations for cross regional procurement initiatives. This includes scoping, negotiating and implementing standard contracts and prices to enable local ordering, and support with ad-hoc negotiation support for urgent activities.
- Build supply market intelligence and ensure that supply base data is available to support business decisions
- Academic degree in engineering or business studies
- 2 years’ work experience in either sourcing or a sector related to industrial service providers, such as construction, assembly, shipping etc.
- Negotiation experience strong plus
- Ability to obtain a Passport.
- Good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Solution oriented, problem solver
- Cross cultural skills (will work as part of an international team)
- Ability to prioritize under pressure
- Good grasp of business processes
- Fluent English spoken and written, Spanish is a plus
- Advanced MS Excel
- Term Entry +
- Company Vestas Wind Systems